Have You Picked Your Crash Course Sessions?
Posted on October 20, 2014
The ABS Telephone Crash Course is just one week away. On October 27, starting at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time, museums and cultural institutions will convene in a live teleconference to discuss best practices for promoting inclusive experiences. Join us for the entire day or dial in during sessions that are of the greatest interest to you. Topics include:
- Conversation with Director of Going Blind, discussing a documentary that increases public awareness of sight loss and low vision issues
- The View from Europe, addressing multi modalism in European museums and a report on global technology
- Artists Making Accessible Art, featuring speakers who will share their experiences and insights on the challenges, rewards, and realities of their lives as artists
- Accessibility Programs in Small Museums, including museum professionals who will address how input from stakeholders with visual impairments has informed programing
- Museum Practices: New Strategies and Approaches, discussing new strategies and approaches in museums and other cultural institutions that promote inclusion
- Inclusive Practices, highlighting past inclusive practices incorporated in exhibits and programming activities of the Mathers Museum of World Cultures
- Clinic for Museum Website Accessibility, focusing on general web accessibility principles
Access the schedule and dial-in information here.